History of the club
Glen Rovers was first formed in North Watford with St. Helens as their base and affiliated to the London Co. Board in 1953. In those early days, many great member like Jim Foley, Liam Ennis, Bob Cummings, Mick Whelan, Pat Fallon, The Hanley Brothers, John Dempsey and Joe Russell have worked tirelessly in building the club members and sporting achievements.
In recent years the likes of Jerry Brennan, Diarmud Walsh, Paul Connolly, Marty McManamon, Sean Gallagher, Neilus McCarthy, Steve Brewer, Sean Harrington, Tracey Bunyard, Mick Brennan and Kelly Gallagher have taken on the mantel in delivering a successful Glen Rovers Club.
On 17th May, Glen Rovers were delighted to move into our permanent new state of the art facilities and pitch at Radlett Road, Watford, funded by Watford Borough Council. Our new facilities were jointly opened by The President of the GAA (Aogan O Fearghail) and Mayor of Watford (Peter Taylor). Glen Rovers are also honoured to be awarded County Ground Status by Herts County Board.